New Orleans House Project

Monday, October 24, 2011

Deep, Deep Sea

There are so many UFOs calling my name, but they'll have to wait a bit longer.  It's time to start a baby quilt - and babies don't wait!

Friends of the family are expecting their first child in December.  Both parents love to fish, so a fish-themed quilt seems appropriate.  Since the expected bambino is also a boy (those 3-D ultrasound pictures are amazing!), I chose Deep, Deep Sea by Studio E Fabrics.  Studio E does not seem to be keeping their website up-to-date, but you can view the line at the Fat Quarter Shop.


I purchased a bundle of fat quarters, which also included a Deep, Deep Sea panel.


I don't really have a plan for this - maybe a growth chart or some other type of wall-hanging?  Maybe a lumbar pillow for Mom?  I'll have to think on that for a bit.

I'm planning to use the Snuggly Squares Baby Quilt pattern by Melissa Corry for Moda Bake Shop.


If all goes well, fabric cutting will commence this evening!