New Orleans House Project

▼

Saturday, February 27, 2016

Brown Stars in the Rainbow Scrap Universe?

Today is the last day for playing with brown scraps as part of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.  I didn't use up a lot of brown scraps this month - not because brown doesn't inspire me, but because my current RSC projects aren't calling out for more brown fabric.  Still, I made some Sawtooth Star blocks and used a lot of brown fabrics in my Quilty 365 circles.  I'm saving the brown circles for the monthly Quilty 365 link-up, but the Sawtooth Stars are twinkling here today.

This batch of stars has a mix of brown & pink scraps plus some of the brown paisley from an estate sale men's shirt.

These darker brown scraps are left-over from a Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt from years ago.  I did a different colorway than Bonnie and wound up calling my version the Ice Cream Quilt.
 
I have a general plan in mind for all these Sawtooth Stars, but for now I'm just going to keep making them every month and enjoying the scrappy fabric play.