First, some Sawtooth Star blocks. I use these blocks as leader-enders and always keep a stack of component parts near the sewing machine. Because I've had Finish It-itis, I went ahead and prepped all the components for additional RSC hues we haven't used yet this year. I may have even made up more STS in those colors, but they're not ready to make their debut yet.
All of this month's pink Sawtooth Star blocks. I still have plenty of pink scraps if I decide I need more pink stars!
I counted up all the scrappy stars I've made so far. I'm just shy of 100 blocks, so by the time we finish all the RSC colors for the year, I will have lots of STS blocks to put to use.
The Scrap Jar Stars also received the Finish It! treatment. I worked out the final arrangement for the stars and cornerstones, then spent most of last weekend sewing everything together. Instead of sewing the blocks in rows, I tried sewing them in sections. This approach made the quilt a little easier to handle, at least until stitching the final sections together. I think it also helped cut down on the fraying and loose threads that needed trimming when all the piecing was done.
It's hard to get the colors to really show up, at least with indoor lighting. I look forward to taking some outdoor shots when the quilting and binding are finished.
If you need more pink scraps, there's more inspiration to be found at the Rainbow Scrap Challenge link-up today.